Recipe For Broccoli Salad
Broccoli and hearts of palm are a great combination in a healthy and delicious salad. This recipe is simple and easy to make, and can be served as a side dish or a light meal.
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 jar hearts of palm, drained and sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Blanch the broccoli florets in boiling water for 2-3 minutes until they turn bright green. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli florets, sliced hearts of palm, red onion, chopped parsley, and chopped walnuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- You can add other vegetables such as cherry tomatoes or cucumber for more texture and flavor.
- To make this salad vegan, you can use maple syrup instead of honey.