Pumpkin Pie With Mango
• 1 pie crust
• 15 oz pumpkin puree
• 3/4 cup brown sugar
• ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
• 1/8 teaspoon of cloves
• ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
• ½ teaspoon of salt
• 3 large eggs, at room temperature
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 1/2 cup whole milk
• 100 ml Mango Pulp
For the egg glaze
• 1 egg
• 1 tablespoon cream
1. Place rack in center of oven and preheat to 425°F degrees (218°C). Let your cold pie crust
warm up for about 5 minutes on the counter.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll the pie crust into a circle a little less than 1/4 inch. Roll
dough into rolling pin and transfer to pie plate. Push the edge in so the dough forms in the
pan and press in.
3. Trim the dough about 1 inch larger than the pan. Fold the edge under and crimp the edge
with your fingers or the prongs of a fork. Chill in freezer for 10 minutes.
4. Cut a round or parchment paper and rub the edge then press into the cake pan. I like to
fold a sheet of aluminum foil in half and press gently against the parchment paper, this will
support the cake in the oven and keep it from slipping. Fill the paper three-quarters full
with pie weights or dry beans and bake the crust for 10 minutes.
5. Remove beans, foil, and paper. Prick crust all over, including sides, with tines of a fork, and
bake for another 10-12 minutes and remove from oven. The bark should dry out and
simply change color. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
For the filling
6. Add the pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt to a pot, then mix and
place over medium-low heat. Stir frequently and cook until mixture is hot and begins to
bubble when left alone for a moment. Remove from the fire.
7. Combine milk, Mango pulp and heavy cream in a bowl or measuring cup in the microwave
for about 90 seconds to heat. Add all 3 eggs to a bowl and beat together.
8. Drizzle warm milk mixture into eggs while beating, then add egg mixture to pumpkin filling
and beat until smooth and fully incorporated.
9. Pour the filling into the blind baked pie shell. Mix an egg with a tablespoon of milk or
cream and brush the edge with it.
10. Loosely wrap edge of pie with foil and bake in oven for 45 to 55 minutes, or until filling is
set in middle and knife inserted in center comes out clean. You can remove the foil after
about 30 minutes if the crust needs to take on a little more color.
11. Reserve to cool completely.