Minced Hearts of Palm with Turkey Cutlets
• 1 can of Hearts of Palm, thinly sliced
• 45 ml(3 tablespoons) of olive oil
• 30 ml(2 tablespoons) of chopped fresh chives
• 15 ml(1 tablespoon) of chopped fresh tarragon
• 5 ml(1 teaspoon) of finely grated lemon peel
• 4 turkey cutlets about 150 g (5 oz.) each
• 15 ml(1 tablespoon) of butter
• 2 shallots, chopped
• 180 ml(3/4 cup) of white wine
• 1 pouch(28 g) of Gravy Mix
• 310 ml(1 1/4 cup) of cold water
• 60 ml(1/4 cup) of 15% cream
• 5 ml(1 teaspoon) of Dijon Mustard
• Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
2. In a bowl, combine Hearts of Palm, 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of the olive oil, chives, tarragon and lemon peel. Salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
3. In a large frying pan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add turkey cutlets, and salt and pepper to taste, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
4. Arrange cutlets in an ovenproof dish and cook for 8 minutes or more, depending on their thickness. Melt butter in the same pan and cook shallots over medium heat until soft. Deglaze pan with white wine and reduce by half.
5. In a bowl, dissolve the Demi-Glace Sauce mix with water, then add cream.
6. Pour sauce into pan, stir well and simmer for 2 minutes. Add Dijon Mustard, check seasoning and keep warm over low heat.
7. Serve cutlets with palm hearts and spoon sauce over cutlets and serve with Hearts of Palm.
Tips and advices
Serve with rice and caramelized root vegetables. Cut carrots and a few parsnips and yellow beets lengthwise into strips. Sauté the raw vegetables in butter and add a generous amount of honey or maple syrup. Then place vegetables on non-stick baking sheet or on parchment paper and bake in oven until tender.