Kale Salad with Hearts of Palm
Here's a recipe for a delicious and healthy salad with hearts of palm, avocado, kale, roasted chickpeas, almonds, and pomegranate:
- 1 bunch of kale, washed and chopped
- 1 jar of hearts of palm, drained and sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup of roasted chickpeas
- 1/4 cup of slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup of pomegranate seeds
- For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Drain and rinse a can of chickpeas, then spread them out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until crispy.
- In a large bowl, add the chopped kale, hearts of palm, avocado, roasted chickpeas, slivered almonds, and pomegranate seeds.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Let the salad sit for 5-10 minutes to allow the kale to soften slightly, then serve.
This salad is packed with nutrients and flavor, thanks to the combination of heart-healthy avocado, protein-rich chickpeas, antioxidant-packed pomegranate, and crunchy almonds. The tangy and slightly sweet dressing ties all the flavors together for a delicious and healthy meal. Enjoy!