Grilled Marinated Hearts of Palm Tacos
- 1 14.5 oz can of La Cima Hearts of Palm, drained
- 2 teaspoons of the juice from 1 lime, plus extra lime wedges
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of thyme or oregano leaves, minced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of vegetable oil
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 cup of ‘salsa verde’
- 2 cups of cabbage slaw
- Sliced white onion, cilantro and 1 avocado for serving
- Combine lime juice, garlic, thyme and olive oil in a bowl, season with salt and pepper. Dry the La Cima Hearts of Palm with paper towels and transfer them to a plate where you can pour the marinade on top of them. Set aside.
- Rub a grill pan with oil and preheat over high heat. Add the Hearts of Palm and cook, turning occasionally, until grill marks appear on all sides (this will take about 12 minutes). You can also grill the Hearts of Palm on a charcoal or gas grill over medium-high heat.Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Return the grill pan to high heat. Stack 2 tortillas and dip them into a bowl of water. Add them to the grill pan and grill for about 1 minute. Carefully flip and cook until second side is charred. Repeat with the other 10 tortillas.
- Slice the Hearts of Palm and serve them with tortillas, ‘salsa verde’, onions, cilantro, cabbage slaw, avocado and lime wedges. Enjoy!