Cucumber Salad with Hearts of Palm and Seared Shrimp
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
Marinate: 1 HOURS 15 MINUTES
- 1lb Persian Cucumbers (sliced bite size)
- 1 jar (16 oz) Dulu Pickled Hearts of Palm (sliced bite size)
- 1 teaspoon salt for cucumbers
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Scott’s Sicilian Lemon & Garlic Marinade or your favorite citrus marinade (store bought)
- 3 tbsp of an extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs minced
- Season cucumbers with salt in a large bowl and let sweat 1 hour. Drain liquids and toss cucumbers with onion slices, pickled hearts of palm and dressing.
- In a small bowl whisk together the lemon pepper marinade, white wine vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.
- Pour over cucumbers, pickled hearts of palm and onions. Stir in fresh herbs. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Added protein options: grilled shrimp or scallops, rotisserie chicken, seared hanger steak. Serve over baby greens and toss.