Passion Fruit Cake
1 1/2 cups of plain flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of unsalted butter
1 cup of vanilla or sugar
100 ml of whey
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
4 tablespoons Jungle Pulp Passion Fruit Puree
Zest of an orange.
To make whey substitute at home:
100 ml of milk at room temperature. Add 1 teaspoon of white vinegar. Let stand for 5-10 minutes. When it curdles it's ready.
Passion Fruit glaze
5-6 tablespoons Jungle Pulp Passion Fruit Puree
1/2 cup of icing sugar
- Grease and flour a rectangular oven mold.
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Sift the flour with baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Reserve.
- Cream the butter and sugar and add the eggs one at a time followed by the vanilla extract, Jungle Pulp Passion Fruit Puree, and orange zest.
- While whisking over low heat, add the flour and whey alternately in three batches.
- Mix all the ingredients and incorporate them into the mold.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until golden on top, and the tester comes out clean.
- For the frosting, mix the ingredients little by little until you get a mixture without lumps.
- Pour it over the cake once it is cold and let the frosting harden.
- Cut the cake and enjoy.