Hearts of Palm Fries
2 28 oz cans of La Cima Hearts of Palm
1 cup of mayonnaise
2 chipotle chiles, minced
1 tablespoons of lime juice
1 teaspoon of honey
1 teaspoon of soy sauce
½ teaspoon of sesame oil
4 cups of bread crumbs
2 cups of flour
1 cup of buttermilk
Kosher salt to taste
1. Whisk the mayonnaise, chiles, lime juice, honey, soy sauce, and sesame oil; set the mayo and the chipotle chiles aside.
2. Pour oil into a 6-qt. Dutch oven to a depth of 2″ and heat over medium-high heat until a deep-fry thermometer reads 375°.
3. Meanwhile, place bread crumbs and flour on 2 separate plates and set both aside.
4. Whisk together buttermilk and eggs in a medium bowl; set aside.
5. Working in batches, toss hearts of palm in flour until evenly coated, shaking off excess, and then dredge in egg mixture. Place in bread crumbs and toss to coat. Fry, turning occasionally, until they turn golden brown and crisp, for 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain and season with salt. Serve warm with the chipotle mayo.