‘Chayotes’ with shrimp, chili, lemon and Hearts of Palm
- 6 garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup of chopped white onions
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh jalapeño
- 1/3 cup of lemon juice
- 3 medium chayotes
- 1 1/2 pounds of large shrimps, peeled and clean
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 14 oz can of La Cima Hearts of Palm slices, rinsed well
- 1/3 cup of chopped cilantro
Process the garlic in a food processor. Add onions, jalapeño (to taste), lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. For 30 minutes let the ingredients to stand at room temperature.
Peel the chayotes and cut them into slices.
Toss the shrimps with 1 teaspoon of salt. Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet, until it shimmers. Sauté the shrimps until just cooked through (3 to 5 minutes). Transfer to a plate.
Sauté the chayotes in the remaining tablespoon of oil, until crisp-tender (about 3 minutes).
Return the shrimps to the skillet, then add the La Cima Hearts of Palm and sauté until just heated through. Remove from heat and stir in a chili-lemon sauce and cilantro.