Kitchen and More
Homemade Mustard w/ Jungle Pulp Mango Puree
Servings Makes 16 to 18 oz
6 tablespoons yellow mustard seeds
2 tablespoons brown mustard seeds
4 tablespoons Jungle Pulp Mango Puree for the seed hydration
1/3 cup White Balsamic Vinegar
1/3 cup water
6 slices Jalapeno (optional)
1 1/3 cup of Jungle Pulp Mango Puree (for blending and sweetness)
1 teaspoon salt
Base Seed Prep:
- Place mustard seeds, 1/3 cup water, 4 Tbsp of Jungle Pulp Mango Puree, and vinegar in a bowl and stir to completely submerge seeds. Cover and let sit at room temperature 2 to 3 days.
- Place mustard seed mixture, 1/3 additional cup of Mango Puree and salt into a blender.
- Whirl mustard mixture in a blender until smooth. Taste and add additional 1 cup of Jungle Pulp Mango Puree to taste.
- Store in covered container refrigerated for up to a month
Mango & Coconut Shrimp Tacos
1 tsp of ground ginger
Fresh ground pepper (3 or 4 turns)
1 tbsp of kosher salt
½ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp all spice
Mix together in a bowl.
12 medium sized tail on raw shrimp (remove the tails)
Mix shrimp in with the rub until coated well.
2 tbsp coconut milk
¼ cup of Jungle Pulp Mango Pulp
Place 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan and cook shrimp until translucent. Then add 2 tbsp of coconut milk and blend over low heat. Then add ¼ cup of mango pulp and blend until incorporated well. Just before removing from heat add several cilantro leaves. Mix in and remove from the heat.
Place in taco holder or plate the tortillas and start building the tacos.
Shrimp with a little of the sauce
Spicy Mango Habanero Wings
1 lb. chicken wings
¾ cup Jungle Pulp Mango Puree
½ cup hot sauce
Kosher salt & fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
3 tablespoons of scallions, sliced, to garnish
Cayenne pepper, to taste (optional)
Preheat a deep fryer to 350ºF. While heating, rinse and dry chicken wings off. Drop into the fryer and cook for 3-5 minutes until wings are floating and crispy with a golden-brown color.
Remove from fryer and drain then transfer to a bowl and season liberally with salt, pepper and a little cayenne pepper, if using.
In a heatproof bowl, add the mango puree and Hot Sauce of your choosing, place briefly over a burner to heat and combine the sauce then toss with the wings. Drain wings and plate. Reserve sauce and serve with the wings.
Guava Chipotle Dressing
¼ cup of master dressing
2 tbsp mayonnaise
3 tbsp Jungle Pulp Guava Pulp
1 tbsp puree of chipotle
¼ tsp paprika
Mix all the ingredients together and then let set in the refrigerator for 8 to 10 hours.
Shelf Life: 7 days
Stuffed Mango Cheeseburger
- Chopped tomato
- Chopped onion
- Chopped green peppers
- 1 tbsp Jungle Pulp Mango Pulp
- Garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Ground pepper Mozzarella balls
- Grated cheddar cheese Sautéed spinach
- Ground beef
- Brioche bun
- Lettuce and tomato to serve with a side of salsa
- Start with chopped tomato, onion and green peppers.
- Add 1 tbsp of Jungle Pulp Mango Pulp.
- Sprinkle in garlic powder, kosher salt, and ground pepper.
- Next, you will need mozzarella balls, grated cheddar cheese, and sautéed spinach. Set them to the side.
- Take your half the amount of ground beef for one burger, and mold it into a patty or used pre-cut patties.
- In the middle of ground beef, make a small circular indentation. Add all of the ingredients above to the center just the way you like it.
- Use the remaining ground beef and place it on top to seal in the ingredients.
- Cook the burger to your desired temperature, but enough for the middle to warm up and melt.
- Plate the burger on a brioche bun. Serve it with lettuce, tomato and a side of salsa.
Fried Bananas With Passion Fruit And Mango
4 medium ripe bananas
2 tbsp butter
5 tbsp sugar
6 oz Jungle Pulp Passion Fruit Pulp
2 small mangos peeled and sliced
60 g/2 oz sugar
4 tbsp/50ml water
8 mint leaves
Peel the bananas and slice. Heat butter and fry bananas for 1 minute until golden. Add sugar and lower heat, fry 2 minutes until caramelized. Transfer the bananas very gently from the pan onto a tray and set aside. Mix the passion fruit pulp and sliced mango with water and sugar. Set aside. Arrange roasted bananas around the outside of four plates and spoon the mango and passion fruit mix into the center. Sprinkle with the mint leaves and sauce and serve.