Taco salad is a delicious and healthy meal that can be enjoyed at any time of the day. It is easy to make and can be customized to suit your taste buds. In this blog post, we will go over the steps to make a delicious and flavorful taco salad.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 head of lettuce, chopped
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 cup tortilla chips, crushed
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 lime, juiced
Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat. Once the beef is cooked, drain the excess fat and add the taco seasoning. Stir well and set aside.
In a large bowl, add the chopped lettuce, black beans, corn, cherry tomatoes, and diced avocado. Toss to combine.
Add the cooked beef on top of the salad mixture and sprinkle shredded cheese over it.
Crush the tortilla chips and sprinkle them on top of the salad.
In a small bowl, mix the salsa, sour cream, and lime juice to create the dressing. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
- If you want to make this dish vegetarian, you can substitute the ground beef with tofu or vegetarian ground meat.
- You can add any toppings you like such as olives, jalapeños, or diced onions.
- This dish can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Just don't add the dressing until you are ready to serve.
Veggie twist: you can incorporate hearts of palm by slicing them thinly. They add a nice crunch and refreshing flavor. They can also be a great veggie alternative by substituting the taco meat part. For the latest 2023 Costa Rican palmito pickled version, click here.